Student Visa Requirements

Student Visa Requirements

  • Application for a Study Permit (IMM 1294)
  • Family Information and Details of Education and Employment of the applicant
  • Family Information and Details of Education and Employment of the applicant's mother and father
  • Two (2) identical photos
  • A valid passport
  • Medical examination form
  • Canadian school letter of acceptance, tuition receipt
  • Student's study plan
  • Custodianship Declaration (if required)
  • The original household registration (for Chinese applicant)
  • No Criminal Activity Certificate
  • School records, transcripts and graduation certificates
  • Parent's certificates of deposit and bank boos for the last 12 months and a written explanation
    as to the source of funds.
  • Proof of other assets such as stock accounts and real estates.
  • Parent's letter of employment for two years and income tax receipts for 12 months
  • Parent's business registration, audited financial statements and tax receipts

For more information visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at

Work Visa Requirements

  • Working on campus – full-time students attending a public or certain private post-secondary institutions are allowed to work on campus.
  • Working off campus – foreign students enrolled at certain publicly funded post-secondary educational institutions or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution are allowed to work off campus for a maximum of 20 hours each week.
  • Co-op and internship programs – foreign students in a co-op program are allowed to work in their field of study as certified by their educational institutions.
  • Working after graduation – The Post-Graduation Work Permit-Program allows the student from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions to work in Canada for a certain period after graduation.

Macao - Taipa Centre
Canadian Learning Centre
Rua Fernao Mendes Pinto No. 102
Chuen Yuet Garden "A" R/C
Taipa, Macao
T: +853 2882 7710